Decrease Prescription Drug Abuse & Addiction
Prescription Drug Abuse and Addiction continue to be a major health problems in Maine and the nation.
Up until 2009, the number of deaths from motor vehicle accidents exceeded deaths from drug overdose. However, the number of deaths related to drug overdose has risen sharply, both nationally and in Maine, and currently the number of deaths due to overdose far exceeds those due to auto accidents. Many consider drug overdose deaths and the impact of drug abuse and addiction on law enforcement, education, public safety, communities and families to be one of our most pressing public health issues.
- Train practice teams on standardized screening tools, proper prescribing practices and patient engagement.
- Strengthen pharmacy practice/policy.
- Expand use of Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP).
- Expand access to treatment and use of alternative treatment therapies.
- Educate patient/family on medication management, storage and disposal.
- Standardize and expand Naloxone prescribing.
- Expand pre-natal addiction care services.
- Expand treatment capacity.
- Implement evidence-based programs and promising practices.
- Improve community engagement in interventions.
- Advocate for and implement policy changes.
Logic Model: Decrease Prescription Drug Abuse and AddictionMore...
Logic Model – A roadmap or diagram showing chain results connecting activities to the expected initial outputs, and intermediate and final outcomes. It provides a basis for developing the performance measurement and evaluation strategies
2016 America's Health Rankings Report
America's Health RankingsMore...
America's Health Rankings compares the health of all 50 states to each other. This ranking tool is used as a benchmark for MaineHealth's Health Index.
Community Commons can help with your Community Health Needs Assessment
Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) funded by OneMaine Health Collaborative 2010
County Health Rankings - Maine by County 2013
County Health Rankings - Maine by County 2014
County Health Rankings - Maine by County 2015More...
Rankings produced by Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and University of Wisconsin
County Health Rankings - Visit WebsiteMore...
Look up your county's rankings, learn about our methods, and download the data you need. This ranking tool is used as a benchmark for MaineHealth's Health Index.
Health Index Report - 2014